• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Connect API : convert guest to user

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to extend a java integration which adds users into meetings/seminars in adobe. The problem that is being experienced is that the code was originally using "principal-list" to see if the user already existed or if a new one was needed, however, if a guest already existed with a given email address then a new principal could not be created. So I know I can change the lookup to use "report-bulk-users" which looks to include guests but I am not sure if there is a way of converting the guest to a user. I know it is possible through the Adobe Connect UI but not sure if it is exposed through API.

I have tried using principal-update with the principal-id of the guest along with type being user but that doesnt seem to work and from looking at the documentation type can only be used when creating a new principal.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Hi there,

So /api/xml?action=report-bulk-users&filter-type=guest will get you all Guests on the system and their principal-id values.  (keep in mind this API hits the reporting DB, not production, so it can be delayed in it's data.)

Once you find the principal-id of the Guest you want to convert to a full user, you can use this API:

/api/xml?action=update-principal-type&principal-id=xxxxxxxx&type=user

- where xxxxxxxx = the actual principal-id of the guest you want to make a full user.

Response exam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is how I would do it. I'll do a quick test and see if I can get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So /api/xml?action=report-bulk-users&filter-type=guest will get you all Guests on the system and their principal-id values.  (keep in mind this API hits the reporting DB, not production, so it can be delayed in it's data.)

Once you find the principal-id of the Guest you want to convert to a full user, you can use this API:

/api/xml?action=update-principal-type&principal-id=xxxxxxxx&type=user

- where xxxxxxxx = the actual principal-id of the guest you want to make a full user.

Response example:

<results>

<link type="text/css" id="dark-mode" rel="stylesheet" href=""/>

<style type="text/css" id="dark-mode-custom-style"/>

<status code="ok"/>

<update-principal-type type="user" principal-id="xxxxxxxx"/>

</results>

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

(Full disclosure, the above API is undocumented but it is a 'normal' API access level and works just fine if you have Admin permissions on any Adobe Connect account).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats worked perfectly thanks.

Is there a better approach for finding guests as oppose to "report-bulk-users" so that it doesnt have any time delay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.  Actually there is. Now that I think of it...

/api/xml?action=principal-list&filter-type=guest

If you do not append 'filter-type=guest', you just get back users and groups (and system groups).  If you FILTER on (type=guest), you will get back all the guests.  Remember the filter!

That should give you back the guests in real-time.  Try it out. Create a guest, then fire that API compared to report-bulk-users API.  You should see it in the principal-list and not in the other (until the reporting DB is updated).

Let me know.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines