• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with pdf in book module

Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mistakenly changed my book to a pdf in the book module (had been and should have stayed blurb photobook) and that's been my problem in not being able to add additional images.   Plus doesn't have the blurb icon at the end making the book less expensive.   Is there any way to change back to a blurb book for further edits?   (I haven't been able to do it.)   Any other advice other than don't do it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Normally you simply revert back to Blurb Book by choosing from the Drop-down menu in the Book Settings Panel-

ScreenShot526.jpg

The Blurb icon will then appear if you check the option from the Drop-down menu-

ScreenShot527.jpg

Classic v8.0 has some bugs with the Book Module, so if the problems you experience can not be fixed, my only suggestion is to step back to v7.5 (from the Desktop APP)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally you simply revert back to Blurb Book by choosing from the Drop-down menu in the Book Settings Panel-

ScreenShot526.jpg

The Blurb icon will then appear if you check the option from the Drop-down menu-

ScreenShot527.jpg

Classic v8.0 has some bugs with the Book Module, so if the problems you experience can not be fixed, my only suggestion is to step back to v7.5 (from the Desktop APP)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that doesn't work.   It may appear to, but if you go to the library and back to book module, it's still pdf.   In the meantime I got a reply from Adobe (had spent a lot of time on phone) saying there's no way to change a pdf to a blurb format.  So on to "restart". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I see now what you are saying! I have not seen this ever before.

I can change mine back to "Blurb Book", but like you it does not 'stick' when you return from Grid view.

I would suggest it is just another problem bug with the Classic v8.0 Book module.

With v8.0 I have had 'old' books trashed, recent books not showing the images (grey blanks), added pages and images not updating when re-opening the book, etc.  Some other forum threads:

8.0 Release Book Module

book module does not save changes

Do not trust v8.0 with your Book designs!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines