• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cc new Ipad pro 11"

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded Lightroom cc and photoshop on my new Ipad pro 11" and need help using it.  Never had an ipad.  It is different from my desktop.  The first thing I wanted to do was batch label some photos and after 2 hours of searching the internet and trying to figure it out I'm lost.  Apple won't help since it's not their program/app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Unfortunately you can't batch label photos in LR Mobile. You can add Title, Caption or Keyword, but only one at a time. You can also add stars and pick flags one at a time. But, you can't add color labels at all.

LR CC Mobile is a long way from having the power of LR CC Classic (Desktop). If you're a power user, you might prefer working with Classic on the Desktop and just using the mobile devices for capture and edit.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you can't batch label photos in LR Mobile. You can add Title, Caption or Keyword, but only one at a time. You can also add stars and pick flags one at a time. But, you can't add color labels at all.

LR CC Mobile is a long way from having the power of LR CC Classic (Desktop). If you're a power user, you might prefer working with Classic on the Desktop and just using the mobile devices for capture and edit.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering. That’s very disappointing since One of the reason I bought The iPad was to label and the sword pictures when I get home using my desktop mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: Any chance this is something Adobe is planning for future updates?

GAil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Maybe you can answer another question.  I also can't figure out how to save the photos as jpegs either on the ipad (in a folder?) or in the cloud?  And also I can't find the "edit in photoshop" link.  Are these also not on LR mobile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I’ll tackle the “Save” question first.

You can save in two ways, depending upon whether you’re viewing a single image or a grid. If a single image, (1) tap the “Share” icon, then (2) choose “Save to Camera Roll.” Note that you can also choose “Save to Files.” You’ll get a choice of whether to save small (2048 pixels largest edge) or maximum available.

38889685-BC5A-43D1-91B5-0A5602DDD2EC.jpeg

If youre viewing the grid, you can select multiple imagesto save at once. To do this, (1) tap the three dots to bring up the menu, then (2) tap Select... then (3) tap your images to select, and (4) tap the Share icon to choose Camera Roll or Files.

8814BD05-6FC1-44AF-911D-E5247A854921.jpeg

6174DED2-901A-4C5C-8767-560EBB97EE76.jpeg

Note that if you choose “Save to Files,” what you see depends on what you may have configured:

948AFE30-5B13-4CB1-B5DE-738D22CD6542.jpeg

I’ll address “Edit in Photoshop” in my next post.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So am I to understand that camera roll is saving to creative cloud? For some reason my photos are going to icloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gail

I confirmed you do have 1 terabyte of Creative Cloud internet storage for photos and videos that get imported and uploaded using Lightroom.  Images that exist on your iPad (or iPhone) camera roll may not be automatically imported by Lightroom unless you agreed to enable that option.  After Lightroom imports your photos, it will sync only to Adobe's cloud storage and not Apple's iCloud service.

First, I recommend you be sure to import your camera roll photos and videos into Lightroom and let them sync up completely to cloud storage.  To do this, tap the 3-dots button at the top right corner of the app, and choose Add Photos > From Camera Roll.  A new view opens with blue borders at the top and bottom of the screen, and this displays your camera roll photos.  If you also want to import videos, tap the 3-dots button again and then tap Videos so that you see a check mark by it.  In this same little menu, you should also see "Select All" and this is the easiest way to ensure Lightroom will import all your images and videos.  Otherwise, if you want to select specific photos and videos, just tap on individual items you want imported.  When you are done selecting items to import, tap on "Add Photos" at the bottom of the import view.

Then, if you want Lightroom to automatically import all new photos and videos that get added to your camera roll from this point forward, please tap the 3-dots button again to see the app menu.  Choose Settings > Import, and under Auto Add you will see options for Photos and Videos you can toggle on/off.

Please note that the photos will need time to upload.  I recommend plugging your device into its charger while it's uploading, as this will allow Lightroom to keep working and prevent the device from sleeping.

I hope this helps a bit.  You can find more help with informative screenshots here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/work-with-lightroom-mobile-ios.html

--Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For “Edit in Photoshop,” at this point, there are some compromises to be made. First of all, there is no Photoshop on the iPad - yet. Adobe did announce this at MAX this year, and said it would be coming next year. I hope to see more full integration with LR Mobile at that time.

For now, we have three different partial Photoshop programs:

1. Photoshop Fix

2. Photoshop Mix

3. Photoshop Express

Of the three, only Photoshop Fix has full round-trip integration, and then only with a limited set of options. You can send to all three, but have to manually export back to the Camera Roll and import Lightroom in all other cases.

When you’re editing an image, tap the “Share” icon, and choose “Edit In”

64E29FE8-7880-4493-866D-075B3039DFE0.jpeg

Next, you choose whether to create a small 2048 pixel copy, or use the maximum available size:

AF058F92-F86E-44C3-B8AA-BB87FD0ACD55.jpeg

Then, you have two round trip options as shown here:

DBD4D0F0-38DA-4901-BA0F-CB747010758A.jpeg

In this example, I’ve chosen Healing, and over in Photoshop Fix I have the ability to save the image and send it back to Lightroom. It will be imported but it will be a copy (there’s no “Edit Original” in this workflow:

AD5F449B-7417-401C-B079-448CD1046204.jpeg

Finally, what if you want to edit in one of the other programs, or have full access to all of the features of Photoshop Fix? Instead of choosing “Edit In,” choose “Open In.” You’ll get the standard iOS sharing menu where you can choose any programs you’ve configured. This sends a copy, but there’s no round trip. Once youre done editing, export back to the Camera Roll and Import back to Lightroom:

EC34D637-2C31-496F-B43F-D20B43211C85.jpeg

As I said, I personally hope for a full integration when Photoshop for iPad is released.

Read more: Adobe previews Photoshop CC on iPad and new apps for creative pros - Apple

Adobe’s press release: Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018 | Adobe Newsroom

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very frustrated using Lightroom CC on my new ipad pro. When I try to upload the photos go to my icloud account where I have very little storage. It is my understanding that I have 1T storage on my Creative Cloud account. But how do I get the photos to upload there instead? I’ve spent hours of my vacation trying to figure this out. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustrated by this program. I have tried each night to upload/sync my photos to the cloud. At first I thought it was poor internet connections since I’m traveling in africa. But now I’m in civilization with good internet and still.... Only 279 photos have uploaded and 522 say “sync problem”. I am out of solutions. can you help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gail. In case you have still the trouble with the upload, could you do me the favor and send us a lr diagnostic log? The log  can be triggered when you  open up the  Lr Mobile settings via the top right 3-dot menu and when you  then navigate in to the Help&Support section and long-tab "Access our Support Forum"-entry  a  diagnostic log will be generated and attached to your local mail client. Hope this helps to get a clue about your issue. - Guido/ lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you said and it sent me to a help page on Adobe. Was this the intention or do I have to do something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Long tab the "Access our Support Forum"-entry for approx. 3 sec and then you will see a notification that a diagnostic log has been generated. Please send this log out to us so that we can have a look. Thanks in advance. Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines