Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disabling speed automation removes video footage

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a sequence in which for some reason threre's speed and opacity automation enabled for every clip even though I haven't touched those. So, I removed them from two clips. There wasn't any automation points in either, just a blue clock there. So I clicked on it to gray it out and disable the automation. To my surprise, when doing that to the second clip, the whole video footage disappeared from the timeline. Ctrl+z to the rescue. Linked audio stayed though.

This is just very weird. Premiere does some weird shit. Has anyone seen things like this other than me?

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are on by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it might be so, but still it's quite strange that the video footage disappears from sequence when I disable speed automation. What if I automate it and then want to wipe out the automation and do a new one? The video will just randomly disappear if I do that sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must have done something: does not disappear on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not done anything else. Repeated twice, same thing. Clicked on the clock, video disappears.

See the video: video-disappears.mp4 - pCloud

You can see with your own eyes that it happens, just like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do wonder why these are on by default as well? Unless you change the speed, these should not be on by default...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A long time ago they were turned off , but they gave strange behavior. Adobe turned it back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I was suspecting some quirky historical reason, these programs are a massive pile of code layered in time. But see the video if you're not believing my words. You will believe your eyes I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce: trash preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me neither, it's just this. But if it happens now, it will most likely happen again. This will be here if anyone searches for the problem, to know that they was not the only one. I'll try that, for the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the first I heard of...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Started with alt key pressed. Had to browse for the project = successfully reset preferences. Same happens. No change.

Doesn't bother my work. Will go on as usual. Strange thing.

Premiere is an app that likes to surprise. Reverses panning of footage, removes video when disabling speed automation. What else is to come, I'll see!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines