• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported video doesn't play

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the getting started tutorial and that exported video is fine. Now I have a .mov clip to import, edit and export. 

Following along using the same steps and settings as the getting started tutorial, the exported video plays only the audio.

I've tried exporting it as a .mov file as well as the H264 as in the tutorial, but the result is the same - audio only.

The original file is a .mov file that was made as a quicktime screen recording on my Mac.  The original file plays on the Mac and on my Windows 10 PC.

The edit is just a shortening of the clip. There are no effects of any kind in it.

Any ideas?  What should I try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

You have very odd framerate: your sequence is 2.2 and your output 5 frames. That is not going to play.

Its a screenrecording yes: needs to be at least 15 frames when recording. Better yet: 29.97 frames.

Double click on the blue name and change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot of export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the Export settings. By the way, how do you change the output paths, filename etc?  I have started a new project and it's still going into the directory of the Tutorial project.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the summary.

It will remember the last path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Summary.PNG

Yes, it remembers the last path.  How can you change the file name and path?  I've changed the project path. But how to get the edited video file  to go into or some other path of my choosing is the question there.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have very odd framerate: your sequence is 2.2 and your output 5 frames. That is not going to play.

Its a screenrecording yes: needs to be at least 15 frames when recording. Better yet: 29.97 frames.

Double click on the blue name and change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok. Thanks. Changing the frame rate did the trick.   Interesting though, the original 2.2 rate file played.

And clicking the blue name, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines