• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I signed a doc I was working on and now I need to make changes but I don't know how to un-sign or delete the signature?

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a project for my corp tax class and decided to download and use Adobe fill-able PDF files to input the data onto the right forms. Unfortunately, I got excited and signed the return but am not finished. I need to know how to delete the signature so I can move forward. I am tire and this is due Monday. It is now 1:30am on Sunday morning and HELP!

Thank you! K

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Hi Karenh,

Once you add a signature to the PDF form, it is not possible to make any changes to that PDF.

If you have added the signature using the Fill & Sign, you will not be able to make any changes to the already filled form fields.

However, you can fill in the remaining form fields.

If you have added the Digital Signature, the PDF is locked and you will not be able to make any change to it.

You will need to download the form again and fill it again.

There is no other option.

Hope that answers your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karenh,

Once you add a signature to the PDF form, it is not possible to make any changes to that PDF.

If you have added the signature using the Fill & Sign, you will not be able to make any changes to the already filled form fields.

However, you can fill in the remaining form fields.

If you have added the Digital Signature, the PDF is locked and you will not be able to make any change to it.

You will need to download the form again and fill it again.

There is no other option.

Hope that answers your query.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not accurate. If you signed the form using a Digital Signature field you can right-click the field and select Clear Signature, which will return the document to an editable state. It will even "un-lock" any form fields that were set to be locked when the signature was applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

na moim dokumencie opcja "usuń podpis"  nie dział, klikam ale dokument dalej jest zablkowany i podpisany, prawa musza nei mam opcji odblokuj, usuń podpis ani nic takiego 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I had a feeling this was the case, but was hoping not. I need to make changes and now and don't have a blank one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines