• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE19 will not open after installing

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  iv downloaded from Adobe a copy of Elements premiere19 (iv also tried Premiere 18) installed it and it's run through the unzip and install smoothly. Then it closes,  no trial page/activation page.  when I double click on the desktop icon (or the icon in the program folder), I get a spinning circle for 5-7 seconds and that's all.
iv tried reinstalling, updating drivers, clearing hard drive, antivirus off/on even safe mode. now after 4 days of headache and running out of hair!
I'm asking for help.

I'm using a HP Pavilion G7-2235DX AMD A8-4500M X4 1.9GHz
8GB Ram
1TB Sata
Windows 8.1 v6.3

i just can't get the software to open.
many thanks in advance.
Charlie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie,

You are using a very old Windows OS, and that would be the first suspect in the problems you're encountering. Is there any way you can upgrade your OS?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I haven't thought about the operating system as I have PE18 installed and working on my wife's hp lap top that is older and running Windows 7, it's slow but working fine. That's why I desided to install it on my laptop.

Do I really have to upgrade to Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

It is a little confusing from your post, could you please confirm the below points:

1) Are you able to run version 2018, but not 2019? or you are having troubles with both the versions?

2) When you click on the desktop icon, do you see any home screen having buttons to launch the Editors?

3) If you see nothing after clicking the desktop icon, have you checked the Task Manager, if any process is being triggered in background?

4)  Have you tried launching the Editor directly from your installation folder? Path to the exe for editor: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2019\PremiereElementsEditor.exe

Please let me know in case of any queries, and it would be helpful if you could share any other details that can help to investigate.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vipin, thank you for your reply .

I hope this makes sense.

I have a HP Pavilion G6 with 8gb ram running Windows 8.1. I'm Tring to install Elements premier 19 on it. (Iv also tried Premiere 18 but thought may be the latest version would work).

my wife has a HP laptop with 3gb of ram running Windows 7. this is running a Elements premier 18.

listed below is what I'v done to install,

iv downloaded from Adobe a copy of Elements premier 19,  iv installed it and it's run through the unzip and install smoothly. Then it closes,  no trial page/activation page.  when I double click on the desktop icon, I get a spinning circle for 3-5 seconds and that's all.

iv tried reinstalling, updating drivers, clearing hard drive, antivirus off/on even safe mode. now after 4 days of headache and running out of hair!

I'm asking for help.

iv tried opening the exe file in the folder you sent the link for and nothing.

iv tried opening any exe file in the Adobe folders, same thing happens., spinning circle then nothing. 

iv followed the process in task manager and it shows up for 3-5sec then vanishes.

I'm really hoping someone can sort this as working with my wife's laptop in Windows 7 is slow but at least it runs.

looking forward to your views.

many thanks in advance. Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please download and run the log collector tool: How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool

This will collect logs and create a zipped folder on your desktop.

Please share these logs in a PM, so we can try and investigate the issue.

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vipin,

Iv downloaded the log collector, and it runs through its setup apart from the very end when I get a window pop up saying

"download of log colletion tool is corrupt.

please download the tool again."

I have downloaded the tool, 7 times now off different sites and I get the same thing.

Iv also tried different versions.

Am I doing something wrong?

God bless Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good Evening,

Update ref the non starting problem.

I have found the Hard drive was failing and has been replaced. I now have a working copy of Adobe 19 on my Hp.

Thank you for all your help.

God bless you. Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines