This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
Google should give you a snippet of code to attach to every page that you want tracked. Something like:
_uacct = "UA-YOURNUMBER";
Put that in the footer for every topic. The easiest way is to put it in your topic template and reapply the template(s) to your topics. Unless Analytics has changed (been a while since I've used it) you don't have to attach a .js file to your project. The above script calls the Analytics server with your account number and visitor information. I love using Analytics for reporting and traffic monitoring, very good and free. Hope that helps.
Thank you so much! Yes, I got my snippet. I just had no clue what to do with it. I didn't know that I could reapply templates. Thanks!
Based on the text in my default template, there is a Header and Footer button in the toolbar. I don't see such a button. Can you shed some light on header/footers? Thank you!
By the way, I put my java script in <head></head> tag, then applied the template to a test topic, but the test topic didn't update.
Hi again Angela
This is RoboHelp HTML, no?
If so, you should be able to do the following:
* Click View > Pods > Project Setup
* Right-click the Templates pseudo-folder and choose "New Topic Template"
* Name the Template and click OK
* Click View > Footer (Or View > Header - But Footer is probably more clean for this)
* Click Insert > HTML > Advanced > Script
* Paste your snippet of code and click OK (You should see red boxes in your footer)
* Click Window > Close all
* Click View > Pods > Topic List
* Press Ctrl+A to select all topics
* Right-click the selection and choose Properties
* Click the General tab
* Click the drop-down and choose your template, then click OK. It should then apply the footer to all the topics in your project.
That should get you pretty near to what you are seeking.