• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

​Unable to Download ​Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN:

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Digital Editions work with ENCRYPTED ADOBE PDF? I am visually impaired and need products like this to be able to read. I spent more that 2 hours working through and following all work-arounds and combinations on your forums for osx including trashing activation.dat and de-authorizing. I have the most recent version and osx 10.10.5 and Digital Editions 4.5.9.184862. Please help me do this. Here is the error message I am sure you recognize since you offered help to one person through private message:

​Unable to Download

​Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN:

​Here are 2 books I need from the Internet Archive which require an account with a standard visual disabilities certification

Introduction to computation and programming using Python [Elektronische Ressource] : Guttag, John : ...

Python programming : an introduction to computer science : Zelle, John M : Free Download, Borrow, an...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be as clear a possible, here is a link to the most precise directions I could find for attempting to work around whatever this bug is. I followed these instruction to the letter.

Full download: troubleshooting Adobe Digital Editions errors to ProQuest ebooks Support Center

This was done in Firefox all while connected to the internet. I deleted the cache and cookies but not passwords in Firefox before reinstalling. Also, before re-installing, I added the step of deleting the contents of my downloads folder as well as the folder user > Documents > Digital Editions. Then I downloaded the encryped file by selecting "download encrypted file" instead of "open with" wnet to downlaods filder and double clicked. This is the link where I downloaded the new copy

Adobe Digital Editions | Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No response for 3 business days? Am I in the correct forum? Does Adobe recommend using Digital Editions with ENCRYPTED ADOBE PDF? This appears to be a very common problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines