• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcuts in Photoshop do not work when Lightroom CC is open

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to CC2019 I can't use most shortcuts when Lightroom CC is opened at the same time.

Seems to mainly affect the shortcuts that involve "Strg"/"Ctrl, which makes me think that Lr might read everything used with "Strg"/"Ctrl" and it doesn't "reach" Ps or something.

Today there was a Lightroom update but the problem still occurs.

My workflow is to open pictures in Photoshop from right-clicking in Lightroom. When I close Photoshop they are then automatically re-imported and uploaded to the cloud. This makes it extra annoying.

For the time being I open the pictures in Photoshop, then close both applications, find the *.tif in the Lightroom folder, work on it and after I'm finished I have to manually import the file from that same folder. This is not only super annoying but also makes another copy of the file inside of Lightroom.

I think this might be a bug, because I have tried these things:

-Opening in Ps from Lr, then closing Lr. Opening Ps again -> shortcuts do not work

-Opening in Ps from Lr, then closing both Ps & Lr. Opening Ps again -> shortcuts do work

-Opening Ps -> shortcuts work Opening Lr too -> shortcuts stop working

Any ideas/workarounds/fixes are appreciated. Maybe some cache just need to be cleared or something, but I'm afraid this is something you guys at Adobe need to fix.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Known, acknowledged bug. Open Photoshop first, or disable the home screen in preferences.

<sigh> ...there must be hundreds of posts about this by now, in all sizes and shapes. I certainly hope they release the announced bug fix soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known, acknowledged bug. Open Photoshop first, or disable the home screen in preferences.

<sigh> ...there must be hundreds of posts about this by now, in all sizes and shapes. I certainly hope they release the announced bug fix soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all: Thanks for your answer!

I did find a lot of posts on shortcuts not working but none of them were recent and provided any relevant advice.

As I wrote opening Photoshop first does not work for me...

However disabling the home screen DOES work!

This is a good enough workaround for now.

Is there any possibility to track the progress of this bug, or should I just try to enable the homescreen again after every update? I like the home screen

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Roman+Holtwick  wrote

Is there any possibility to track the progress of this bug, or should I just try to enable the homescreen again after every update? I like the home screen

Thanks again!

Hi

You can keep an eye on this section of the forum

Just click on the "See what's fixed" when a new announcement is made

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice, will do that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines