18 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2018 1:03 PM by Jim_Simon

Black Bars on the top and Bottom of my *exported* video

ViaLiv88

Hello All,

I hope someone here can help me I have been searching for an answer to this for hours and haven't had any luck. I am working on a project that i'm only editing and this is the first time I've run across this problem. The sequences were made before it was passed on to me. Anyway, my source footage is 2048 x 1080, the sequence matches as far as I can tell. In preview, everything looks normal, during the exporting process, everything looks normal. But once I begin export and after export, there are black bars on the top and bottom of the video. I can not for the life of me figure out why, everything seems to match from what I can tell, including aspect ratio. What am I doing wrong? I have provided screenshots of the information. Thanks in advance for your help.

My source video information:

Screenshot (13).png

My sequence settings:

Screenshot (22).png

My export settings:

Screenshot (23).png

As you can see before export, there are no black bars on the image...as soon as I click to queue and press start, I can see black bars on the top and bottom of the video while it's exporting, and then it shows up in the final product.

Thanks again could really use some help I need to get this stuff done on a deadline