• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With Capture one 12 release are you planning to release a PS plugin for it ?

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Devs,
Capture one 12 just be released, and one of the big update is plugins. C1 is a great tools but it as some lacks as "open as layer". Are you planning to launch a C1 plugin for PS to add that kind of options ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum and Adobe does not make public what they plan to do. They also do not use third party software as far as I know till they buy them out. Adobe has two interfaces to convert RAW files into rgb images I do not believe they will want a third.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask Phase One - it's their raw converter. If they decided to make a plugin for Photoshop that would be their decision (but don't hold your breath - considering Capture One's position as direct competitor to ACR/Lightroom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I know C1 is a direct competitor to ACR/LR, but you know they work simply differently. My concern is more about C1/PS interaction.  In his new version C1 allow third party plugins (I didn't mention it in the original post). As it is third party plugins, it is not develop by Phase One.
Honestly I know I will not get a official answer, it is more tell it will be very pleasant to see a PS plugin for C1 in the future to give more options to PS Exportation/management, and I'm pretty sure it will make happy a lot of photographers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone that would market a Captuture Plug-in for Photoshop would face legal action from Phase One for Capture one is their software. You need to deal with Phase One ask them to make a Photoshop RAW Plug that has a features like ACR Open Object. Phase one supports Plug-in for Capture one like Adobe supports Plug-ins for Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jerejames, you have the wrong end of this. The tail wagging the dog as it were.

Capture One as a plugin for Photoshop is possible, but extremely unlikely to ever happen given how Phase One have positioned themselves in the market. But if that's what you want, tell Phase One.

Photoshop as a plugin for Capture One is just a total functional contradiction on every level. That's a river flowing upwards, the reversal of time and gravity, beyond the singularity. It's a violation of every physical law known to mankind. In short, it won't work. Ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless they (Phase One / Capture one) buy Photoshop...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I see your answer, I'm not sure to be clear. What I would like is not capture one in photoshop nor photoshop in capture one, it is also not the possibility to have ACR in capture one or a new RAW engine for C1. They are two differents tools and it will be a non sens to do that.
What I ask is a way to have access to more options after creating psd files with C1 like "open as layer in PS", 'open files with merge in PS".... just few tools to improve workflow.

Maybe PS devs works on that already, maybe not, maybe alter, maybe they don't when because C1 is a competitor to LR, I don't know, I just submit an idea because Phase One allow the possibility for third party brand to add there tools in C1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines