• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Update failed AGAIN

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time there is an update for LR it always fails to install and takes an Adobe tech 3-4 hrs to sort it out by accessing my PC and trying to sort it, when I say everytime I mean for every single update, all other apps are fine and update normally, I have had this problem since the very first update a few years ago, I used to resort to completely re installing windows to download Adobe CC again, which cured the problem till the next update, to be honest I now have had enough as I use LR mostly and its never worked as it should, I am so fed up with this I am thinking of ditching Adobe completely and moving to Affinity, does anyone else have this problem, does anyone know how to fix it as the Adobe techs don't seem to have any idea how to fix it permanently.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Thanks, DANGERMOUSE1964.  Error 145 and 149 both indicate failures to write or modify files on the drive.  It appears the User account Pete is denying access to the following directories:

C:\Users\Pete\Roaming\Adobe

C:\Users\Pete\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

C:\Program Files\Adobe

Do you manage this Windows computer yourself, DANGERMOUSE1964?  If so please make sure you are logged in under an administrator account.  I would also recommend reviewing any installed security software or utilities that may be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DANGERMOUSE1964, sorry to hear that you are facing errors while updating Lightroom CC.  What version of Windows are you updating Lightroom CC on?  Do you receive any specific error messages?

For information on how to locate error messages within the installation logs see Creative Cloud download and install errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Win 10 pro, I have just reinstalled Windows again to install Adobe CC and the photo apps as this is the only way it allows me to get it back working after a failed update, it is now ready for another update...………. I am reluctant to do it as I know its going to fail as always and cause more grief for me, the last Adobe tech that fixed this said it would never happen again after he spent 4 hrs fixing it, yet here I am again, I am seriously fed up with Adobe CC now.

How do I cancel my subscription and I wont be paying the extra as it has never been updatable from day one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DANGERMOUSE1964, sorry to hear you continue to face difficulties with the update process. What type of errors are you facing while updating?

You can find information on how to cancel your subscription at How to cancel your Adobe Creative Cloud plan or membership .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error, I have tried the update again this morning and now LR is refusing to update or even work again.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, DANGERMOUSE1964.  Error 145 and 149 both indicate failures to write or modify files on the drive.  It appears the User account Pete is denying access to the following directories:

C:\Users\Pete\Roaming\Adobe

C:\Users\Pete\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

C:\Program Files\Adobe

Do you manage this Windows computer yourself, DANGERMOUSE1964?  If so please make sure you are logged in under an administrator account.  I would also recommend reviewing any installed security software or utilities that may be blocking the installers ability to update, modify, or remove files from the required folders.

You can find more information on Error 145 and 149 at Creative Cloud download and install errors .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its my laptop and I am the only person who uses it, I am administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Adobe you have beat me...………… I want to get rid of this altogether, and get a refund as it has never worked correctly, will never update as it should, it is completely useless on my PC and my PC is specced enough to run it adequately, the chat is disabled so I cant speak to anyone about this issue, its about time this was fixed permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DANGERMOUSE1964, sorry to hear that you are facing errors applying updates again.  Are you receiving Error 145 and 149 again?

If you do wish to cancel your membership, then you can find details on how to cancel at How to cancel your Adobe Creative Cloud plan or membership , DANGERMOUSE1964.  You will need to create a secure connection to cancel the membership, so you may need to use a different computer if the same error that is blocking chat also prevents you from manipulating the account management page, DANGERMOUSE1964.

I am sorry that you have faced so many problems, DANGERMOUSE1964.  In the future, I would recommend that you use a Creative Cloud membership on a computer that you manage.  From the write errors in the previous discussion, and your inability to establish a chat session, it is clear that the current computer is facing multiple errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines