• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distribute 3rd party content when publishing

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had a very nice scenario built for us in HTML5 and it currently sits on my web server. I've dropped it into Captivate as a Web Object and I've written the JavaScript to communicate between the two.

In testing all runs well.

Now we need to give the published project to the client. How do I give them the scenario? It can't stay on my web server. I don't see any options to automatically include it in the published output.

If the client puts it on their server then the path within Captivate will be incorrect.

If the client zips it together with the SCORM output then again the path will be incorrect and the files won't be in the IMS manifest.

How is this normally handled? Any help will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

You should be able to zip the entire HTML5 animation with all files it requires to run and then import this zip file as an HTML5 animation into your Captivate project slide using the Media > HTML5 Animation button.  At runtime it will display the animation inside an iFrame.  Whether or not the code you've developed will work or not I cannot say.  But that's the easy way to ensure all of the assets for the HTML5 animation get published along with the project output.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an option where you can copy the HTML5 Scenario in a folder included in your project folder and update the link (local instead of server) before exporting it all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to zip the entire HTML5 animation with all files it requires to run and then import this zip file as an HTML5 animation into your Captivate project slide using the Media > HTML5 Animation button.  At runtime it will display the animation inside an iFrame.  Whether or not the code you've developed will work or not I cannot say.  But that's the easy way to ensure all of the assets for the HTML5 animation get published along with the project output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on what you said I tried zipping the entire scenario and then importing it into a Web Object. It worked and when I published the project I saw a "wor" folder and within it was my scenario.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources