Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mercury Playback Engine Greyed Out

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I have a fresh install of Windows 10 (1803) running an AMD FX 8350, 8GB of Memory and a RX 560 (Driver 18.12.1.1). I have installed Adobe Premier and Media Encoder (updated to latest) and the Mercury Playback Engine is stuck on Software and greyed out.

I ran GPU sniffer and got the attached so I am not sure what is happening, it's like the GPU is not being detected at all. Something to note is I installed Adobe to the D: drive as the system drive is a small SSD.

Capture.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Try this, Sipheren07. FAQ: Why is my GPU not available for Mercury Playback Engine GPU acceleration?

Did that work for you?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this, Sipheren07. FAQ: Why is my GPU not available for Mercury Playback Engine GPU acceleration?

Did that work for you?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had seen this but given this was a fresh Windows install I figured it should be fine, but alas, used DDU to remove the driver and reinstalled and now it's working.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines