• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buttons and pictures

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat DC and a pdf (made from Word) with three pages.  Page one has 10 photos.  Page 2 and page 3 have the same photos but they are larger. 

I want to be able to click on any of the smaller photos and have the larger show right in the middle of the screen (and on top of all the smaller photos).  And then when I click the larger photo it disappears.

I figured out how to put an image into a button, and can show/hide with a click.  And I put a label button on the smaller photo so clicking on the smaller does make the larger show.  But only if I put each larger picture right near the smaller.

Is it possible to have the larger on a different page and show on the first page? 

And is it possible to click on the text label button to close the larger picture, that is click to both show and hide?  (don't need a rollover)

And rather than have the same picture in small and large is it possible to scale just one picture up to any size that I would tell it to?  How would I do all this?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re going far beyond what form fields can do - remember they were invented for just that, form filling, and all the other things are a bonus. A form field appears at the position you give it. You could change the position Before making it visible. Be sure never to overlap visible form fields though, bad things will happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you have to do is have the "trigger" buttons (on page 10) change the current view to page 2, 3, etc. (which can have whatever size you want), and then set the buttons on those pages to jump back to page 10 when clicked, and you're done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are comfortable with InDesign or Illustrator you can create a layered PDF and use the buttons to show/hide the various layers. Here is a link to a related thread:

expert knowledge necessary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Replying to all) - Test Screen Name - You mean have the button itself change the position each time just before it is clicked?  That's what I was hoping for, but now I see it probably can't be done.

try67 - That is what I am doing now (a click on the trigger calls up the page with the larger picture) and it works very well.  But the pages with the larger images have more than one picture on them.  That's why I would prefer a (larger) picture loaded into a button to appear in center screen of the page with the thumbs.  I can place the image button in center screen and that works when I click on the trigger next to the image button.  But with 10 image buttons in the same place (center screen and one at a time showing when the trigger is clicked), wouldn't that cause chaos?

Luke Jennings - I tried layers in Acrobat itself and it really works beautifully!  But it is a hassle to delete a layer when no longer wanted, and with 10 layers of photos that might not work so well. I made the original document in Word, haven't tried InDesign or Illustrator yet. I do like Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the fields are not visible at the same time it's not a problem. The only difficulty might be setting it up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish there was an easy way to delete layers if need be, that's what I would prefer.  But if I can have 10 or more image buttons stacked on top of each other, that hopefully this will work.  Now to set it up   Should be interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines