Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC Updates via Configuration Manager SCUP

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an issue with Acrobat Reader updates via Configuration Manager (and SCUP 2017).

Basically, this is the SCENARIO:

- CM CB 1802

- SCUP 2017 already synced with CM

The followings are updates already published on SCUP

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Update 19.008.20081

UpdateSecurityCriticalAPSB18-40APSB18-40 07/11/2018 03:21:5414/11/2018 16:47:48
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Update 18.011.20063UpdateSecurityCriticalAPSB18-34APSB18-34 13/09/2018 10:54:5307/12/2018 14:59:45
NameUpdate TypeClassificationSeverityArticle IDBullettin IDDate ModifiedDate Published

The same updates (also with some other Flash Player one) have already been synced correctly with SCCM, reported in the SCCM console, added to a Software Update Group and deployed as available to a collection.

When I open Software Center on a target client, both type of updates are displayed correctly.

Once I click on "Install" both updates are downloaded into the ccmcache folder in a CAB file format, but:

- FlashPlayer Updates are installed correctly

- Acrobat Reader Updates report a 1603 error (looking into the event viewer)

I've already tried to:

- Install updates on my own using the CAB file, but the event viewer reports the same error

- Unzip the CAB into the MSU file type, install the MSU file, but always the same error

Could you please give me any suggestion about that?

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or try this publicly visible link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/834484/you-receive-an-error-1603-a-fatal-error-occurred-dur...

What version of Reader is already installed? Exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I read the MS KB that explains the 1603 error but I'm not a newbie of Windows software installation and I'm very confident using and installing software in general.

So I don't find useful the article that you've posted.

Exactly the current installed version on client is the 18.009.20044 (installed via SCCM Application) and I've tried publishing the 2 versions that you can see in my original post above.

I can also say that I've implemented the Adobe GPO that removes the Update Button, but I've already tried to distribute the update deleting this GPO, but still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should check that the updates work if done normally using an MSP file for the same version. If the original install was customized this might have been made impossible. If you aren't using MUI, here's the 19.008.20081 MSP Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows : Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Continuous Track) update - All languag...

From Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows the all-updates page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion, I can try solution not before tomorrow.

Can you please tell me how can I know if I'm using MUI or not?

Thanks,

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks EnterpriseHelp for your suggestion but I cannot access the content of the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to check, if your records don't show. MUI means it includes all languages in the one app. But both the MUI and non-MUI are on the all-updates page so you can try both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried to install the MSP file from your link, and this is the error reported:

If you're not able to translate from Italian error box, I try to do it for you: "Error during the patch application of file …. .tmp. File has been probably updated in other way or it cannot be updated by this patch. For additional information you can contact the patch supplier".

Current installed version is:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try both the MSP and non-MSP patch? If neither one works, it sounds as if a custom install was used, and a custom patch must be made by the same method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where I can find the non-MSP patch?

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines