• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you make this blurred number plate readable?

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you make this number plate readable? This picture is a screenshot taken from the CC footage. I have the original CC footage as well. The numbers in the plate are written in local language. So, if you can make it look a little better, we can guess the rest. I don't want to mention everything here, but for a clue a criminal used this van to kidnap a minor girl. this footage is the only clue we have right now. still picture.png

[Moved to Photoshop forum, since Premiere Pro has fewer tools for photo editing]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A link to a higher resolution version would be helpful...

And preferably the original uncompressed image... not a lossy formatted one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a novice here. indeed, I open this account in adobe forum today just to get help. So, I really don't know what to do. However, I have the original video ( I cut short the  relevant portion of the video, so the video is only about 10 seconds). How may I send you the video to work with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a novice here. indeed, I open this account in adobe forum today just to get help. So, I really don't know what to do. However, I have the original video ( I cut short the  relevant portion of the video, so the video is only about 10 seconds). How may I send you the video to work with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many option to share video with someone or with anyone. You can upload video to YouTube, Google Drive or any other free online storage platform which supports video files. After uploading video copy link and send in email or share anywhere you want. Link looks like this "https://morecharactershere"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. I have uploaded the video in youtube and shared it in here. but, it seems that the resolution/ quality of the video decreased after I uploaded it in the youtube. or is it only my perception?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not only your perception. People can still download video, just search for how to download youtube video. Another options is to  upload to Google Drive for example and allow people to download easily. When setting share options choose can edit what will allow anyone to download file as uploaded.

can edit video google drive.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try and upload the 'original' frames (after editing out the rest) to Dropbox or some file sharing site. Use a non-lossy format. YouTube compresses content.

As you have a video clip you could try posting the same request on the Adobe Premier and Adobe After Effects forums. They are more likely to be able to help with video footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

showkat1983  wrote

Can you make this number plate readable? ... but for a clue a criminal used this van to kidnap a minor girl. this footage is the only clue we have right now.

Have you given this video to the police? They may be able to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have. But, you know police! apart from that, Our local police doesn't have enough resources to do such things. They asked me to find the registration number of the vehicle. that's why I am here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks too blurry even in full video. Not enogh pixels to recover any information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the try. However, please note that the numbers in the plate are written in our local language. So, if you can make it any little better, we may be able to guess the rest. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dude in the pink shirt gets a good look at 0:07...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since the video is in youtube, you may try with HD quality. by default, youtube start with the lowest quality, but if you can manually change the option as high quality or HD that may give you a better view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines