• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HDR Output via AJA Card

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many bugs are now away. In the last 2 month I worked for HDR with Resolve, now I tried it again with PPro. The problem is, when you have a "yellow or red" timeline the AJA Output for the HDR Monitor is OK. When I render the Timeline to "green" the HDR Output via the AJA card is gone. It is SDR like in the timeline. Therefore again it is impossible to work with PPro for HDR, again I use Resolve without problems.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your preview codec.  It might not allow an HDR signal.  (In fact, there might not be any option available for HDR previews.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no HDR preview problem over the AJA card and a HDR Monitor connected to the AJA card when the timeline is yellow or red.

When the Timeline is green (rendered) the AJA preview is SDR like the timeline. Therefore you can forget HDR with PPro, when they didn't change this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just said the same thing over again.  So...

Check your preview codec.  It might not allow an HDR signal.  (In fact, there might not be any option available for HDR previews.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand! What should I check? With yellow timeline it is running, with green timeline not! When this is fact, you can forget HDR with PPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your preview codec.  What's it set to?  The chosen option might not allow an HDR signal.  It's possible that there is no Preview codec that allows HDR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How and where can I check my preview codec??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your sequence settings.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I-Frame only MPEG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would need changing to probably DNxHR, ProRes, or Cineform.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is in this documentation something written about the HDR Output via the AJA card? Please give me information about the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed it to DNxHR, it takes 5 hours rendering time for 35 minutes timeline and the result was bad, it was better than the timeline, but not the right output like the rendered video output. It is terrible. Now I try it with ProRes and when i have no luck, i switch to Resolve for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried also the other codecs, nothing works. PPro is for serious HDR not useable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not getting usable work with the one clip I tried in HDR in PrPro either ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Resolve it is working very fine. Adobe has no interest in HDR, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't say they don't have interest ... they've just not shipped a decent working setup yet. And yes, I have tried this in Resolve.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'am waiting now for 18 months for a working setup. With this SW version it is not possible to work with HDR. Better were to remove the functionality for HDR and startup new, when a good working functionality is available. Now HDR with PPro is horror. Working with HDR and Resolve is fine. Today a got the Mini Panel for Color Grading in Resolve, this makes fun.

Lothar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mini panels look nice ... but I think are R-only. I've an Elements panel so it can work in multiple apps.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines