6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2008 12:33 PM by jlopes151

Flex builder fails to compile a clean no errors .mxml

jlopes151 Level 1
      I have a .mxml file that the Flex builder fails to compile and produce a .swf
        • 1. Re: Flex builder fails to compile a clean no errors .mxml
          riesvantwisk
          I have a problem to... I won't tell you want's wrong so please solve this....

Come on Mr jlopes151.....
          If you have a problem and you are telling us, at least be so quite to tell has what is wrong, what do you see and what error do you get...

Ries
          • 2. Re: Flex builder fails to compile a clean no errors .mxml
            jlopes151 Level 1
            Now this sucks..

Seems like there's no answer to this problem..

I don't see an error, what I see is a clean, no red dot .mxml file, what I don't see is a .swf in the bin_debug folder.

That's thanks for the reply. Some one else has had this problem and had to rebuild his project folder. I have had to recreate the file copying the content of the old into the new.
            • 3. Re: Flex builder fails to compile a clean no errors .mxml
              riesvantwisk Level 1
              In the preferences (right click on your project)
              see if all settings are correct... specially the main mxml file setting.

Ries
              • 4. Re: Flex builder fails to compile a clean no errors .mxml
                jlopes151 Level 1
                Not prefs but project properties -> Flex Modules option lists all modules that are to be compiled. You do have to added them one by one but atleast they compile.
                • 5. Re: Flex builder fails to compile a clean no errors .mxml
                  levancho Level 3
                  quote:

Originally posted by: jlopes151
                  Now this sucks..

Seems like there's no answer to this problem..

I don't see an error, what I see is a clean, no red dot .mxml file, what I don't see is a .swf in the bin_debug folder.

That's thanks for the reply. Some one else has had this problem and had to rebuild his project folder. I have had to recreate the file copying the content of the old into the new.

Hi,

nobody is going to answer you untill you define your problem, all I see here so far is your rage against your own mistakes, its ok to get things wrong, and this forum is exactly for that purpose, so that developer can give a helping hand to another , but unless you do say clearly (as much technical information as possible) on what iexactly is your problem, pleas do not expect omeone to cast spells and start playin guessing games, you can start from sothing like this :

mu FlexBuilder is Version : so and so

my project setup is following : ...
                  I have created project of type : ....
                  I have one or many mxml file(s) and so and so mumber of as files, .. they are all under src ..
                  I have problems tab open and dont see errors there...
                  etc ...

Kind Regards.
                  • 6. Re: Flex builder fails to compile a clean no errors .mxml
                    jlopes151 Level 1
                    I see no rage in my orig message. No large text, to infer rage. Perphaps the issue (proble) was to simple. You provide a set of steps to gain help. These steps appear limited. Would they be enough to gain help? Don't know how much to give to gain help.

If members are helpful perhaps they could ask questions. Novel idea, I mean to be helpful they should. Perhaps I was frustrated and just sent a messaage with what I had.

What's the difference between the project setup and type?
                    This is a Flex forum where else would the files be?
                    Duh I don't see errors ( I thought to keep this short, to encumpace the red dot and problem page) the red dot would be noticed first.

To all who read this message know that I WILL NOT LIMIT my response. All messages will be given equal treatment by me. I will not require detailed instructions as to your problem.

Truly Kind Regards

(I solved the problem with help from others)