• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

render .aep data-driven mode with aerender

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi every one. I want to make data-driven after effects project (.aep) file that the data are stored in json file. so that i can change the data in the json and the .aep get updated wuth new data. so far i made this with mamoworld plugin.

now i have a data-driven aep with json. if  i open the project in the AE, every thing is good an  if i make a change in the json, the opened project in the AE get updated.

the problem is that i want to render the project with aerender. when i use aerender, the aep in NOT getting updated data from json and get rendered with the initial data(the data that inserted in the project while in was built.).

sorry for bad english. it's not my primary language.

here is my aerender code:

aerender -project D:/latest/new/pr1.aep -comp "Comp1" -output D:/latest/new/video.avi

is there any thing that i missing? or some thing i'm doing wrong?

any guide or reference or anything that helps will be great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a bug/ limitation. The expressions don't correctly update unless you open the project in the full AE. No way around it for the time being.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any Other solution ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe launching AE by script to open and close it automatically and update everything by doing so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines