Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 Video Jump and Sync Problem

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just installed a trial of the PrPro CC 2019 and trying to edit videos from my dSLR.  If i play a video from the beginning using the source monitor it plays no problem.  If i try to scrub through or grab the clip and move to the Sequence window and cut a section off, when I play the video again, it stutters and jumps around like I never cut the video. 

I've created videos using an older (cs6) version of PrPro with no issue with the same camera.  Would love all the help I could get.  Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend using Cineform Proxies with your media.

Work offline using proxy media |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to software often demand greater system power.  It's been this way since the beginning of time.    DSLR's usually shoot h264 files which are not the easiest files for playback and editing. 

do your sequence settings match your clip settings?  You can also reduce the playback resolution in the program monitor.  It's on the bottom right to the left of wrench and in out duration. 

And working offline and Jim suggests is a great way to work.   It's a little tricky, but once you understand the workflow, it's a great help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all the replies, but i may be describing my issue incorrectly..

I right clicked the video file and created a new sequence using the file.

When editing in the timeline.  Lets say the video is 2:00 minutes long.  if i cut the video in half and delete the first portion, when i try to play the second portion it seems like it starts off at the 00:30 second mark as if the whole video was still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend not using Premiere Pro CC 2019... install an older version such as 2017... CC 2019 is not worth a food stamp and never will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines