• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Page Not Retaining Margins or Page Numbers

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have an A Master. As you can see from the images, page number show up in one document based on the A Master, but not on a 2nd document I created using the A Master.

The 2nd problem is with margins, the margins are set how I want them, yet when I create a 2nd document the margins are not correct. (Indesign CC version 14.1.0) Please help!

Page number issue (top two pictures)

Page Problem.jpg

Margin Issue (next two pictures)

master page margins.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

The master only applies to the document it is part of. There are ways to synchronize them or copy them but these are not external so they do not apply to other documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you expecting settings in one document to be applied to all of them? That's not how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I thought the settings in the A Master would apply to all documents based on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The master only applies to the document it is part of. There are ways to synchronize them or copy them but these are not external so they do not apply to other documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks. I'll stop beating my head against the wall trying to make it do something it can't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Pages panel menu to load the master pages from one file to another.

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 1.53.26 PM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, just advice: your margins are very very small and the page number touches them, so also touches the text.

use wider (‘bigger’) marges and allow enough white space between the bottom of your text (the last line) and the page number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines