• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corner object came from out of nowhere

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed a book in Indesign CC 2018 using a Mac. A problem has somehow inserted itself in two different pages. There is space in the middle of text. Both pages have a text box with an added yellow square that says "click to edit corners" when you hover over them. I have not added any corner objects in the document.  I opened corner options and see a value in all four corners. I click on the corner though and it is marked none. I have two screenshots for you to see. How do I rid the text frame of the object and spaceScreen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.12.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.23.55 AM.png?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

BarbBinder, thank you for your answer. This made sense because the place blocking the letters was directly under the header's text box. First, I opened text frame options and checked ignore text wrap but it did not make a difference. Next I deleted the text box and recreated it — problem solved. I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi remadepreacher:

The corner options have nothing to do with the issue. All frames have the yellow box which allows you to quickly edit the corners. And the default for Corner options is 0.1667" (or 1p0) with the corners set to right angles, which negates the values. The. 0.1667" won't take effect until you change the corner shape to one of the other options.

So why is the first line wrapping early? I'd guess text wrap is on the header frame because the text wraps just before it gets to it. Take a look and let us know.

~Barb

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 8.24.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BarbBinder, thank you for your answer. This made sense because the place blocking the letters was directly under the header's text box. First, I opened text frame options and checked ignore text wrap but it did not make a difference. Next I deleted the text box and recreated it — problem solved. I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the second place did not work so well. It will still interfere with text unless the header is lifted away from the body text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

remadepreacher  wrote

Well, the second place did not work so well. It will still interfere with text unless the header is lifted away from the body text.

What do you mean by “the second place”?

Instead of deleting a frame with text wrap and then recreating the frame, you want to turn off the text wrap for the frame instead. (Not ignore, as you said earlier, but set to None.)

First, open the Text Frame panel if it’s not open. Go to the Window menu, and it’s alphabetical (under “T”).

Select the offending frame and click the Off (None) button for Text Wrap (the first of the five). Repeat for any other frames as necessary.

Then deselect all frames. If Text Wrap is still on, turn it off again before closing the panel.

What I think happened is that Text Wrap got turned on with nothing selected. In InDesign, that sets the default so that all future frames have Text Wrap applied automatically. That’s why you have to turn it off both for existing frames and as a default.

Is that what is happening?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jane-e, what I meant by the "second place" is the other place where the text wrap problem came up. You were right, turning text wrap off worked well.. Good advise, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines