• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Obfuscation and jsxBlind

Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, was doing a bit of reading on obfuscation and jsxbin.

I downloaded jsxBlind for post jsxbin scrambling and it worked on one or two scripts. I could only run it from ESTK, not called from AE, wasn't working.

Links are below... 

Any thoughts on this ? seems like an extra layer of protection, if you want to keep your code private.

Thanks.

Indiscripts :: JsxBlind | The First JSXBIN Obfuscator for ExtendScript

General discussion :

https://www.davidebarranca.com/2016/07/html-panel-tips-22-protecting-your-code/

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really comes down to a question of how secure you want to feel. Are you experiencing a lot of piracy with your tools, and do you feel as if adding more work to your development process (to no benefit) is worthwhile? It could be a matter of wanting to do it for peace of mind, in which case-- go for it!

For what it's worth, your link is to an older version; check out Indiscripts :: JsxBlind 2.0 Meets IdExtenso

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well as far as I can see all tools are pirated to some extent, and from what I read jsxbin has never been too hard to reverse engineer. So it's only a little extra scrambling, so think it is worth it. Not obsessed with it, but just revisiting all my workflows and making things easier and better!

For anyone reading this...  the recommended workflow is:

jsx  > minify/obfuscate (tool 1) > pass through minify/obfuscate tool 2 > make JSXBIN > jsxBlind scramble > final.jsxbin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines