• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DeNoise effect: Audio sounds worse exported vs in timeline (after each cut especially)

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video in my timeline/edit view plays and sounds great. As intended after each cut of the video you don't hear any transition because I did not put any in there.

When I export the video however you can hear a noticeable drop in volume and quality each time the 'cuts' take place. Each shot starts whit about a second of bad audio that feels like it needs to get warmed up before it sounds good again. After exporting in different settings many times then disabling some of my audio effects I think my DeNoise effect is causing the problem.

I used a Nikon D3300 and an external mic (Rode Video Mic Go) to record all my audio. Even even manual audio gain on the camera I hear noticeable hiss. A fix I found was the DeNoise effect. I bring the full video's worth of audio into the timeline and add the DeNoise to it before I do any edits. Then I cut and trim clips, making that one long take turn into many smaller bits of audio/video. I guess now the DeNoise is acting like many individual effects and ramping up at the start of each cut. My DeNoise settings don't have delay or attack settings, just % amount (20%/40%/80%) and in my preview/timeline I don't notice any of the 'ramp' or 'build up' that I hear in the exported file.

I am looking for a solution.

If anyone knows how to work with many small pieces of audio and DeNoise it all together, I tried the 'group' function but that does not link it all into one chunk, just sticks them all together but each clip is still their own thing still.

Or maybe some way to get the superior audio from my preview to export with the video (I tried audio lossless 'use sequence setting' export and still same result).

Or something else I am overlooking or had not thought of yet.

-Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Are you applying per clip or as a track effect on the sequence?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you applying per clip or as a track effect on the sequence?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting question. I applied the DeNoise to the one master clip (which is where all my audio was recorded) then as I edit that one clip gets cut down into many smaller fragments, so each fragment has their own DeNoise effect on it.

I didn't know applying an effect the the entire tack was a thing I could do in Premiere. I googled it, found a youtube video and added all my effects in the Track Mixer and my export sounded great.

This was exactly the kind of info I figured I was missing.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I actually applied the filter on the master track.
But when the voice of my actor first starts up it sounds like it needs a couple of seconds to adjust and kick in... like what is mentioned above.
Can this be true that this filter needs time to find the correct level?

Any workarounds to avoid this?

Thanks for any advice.
Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any workarounds to avoid this?

I solo the specific audio track and remove the de-noise filter and export it as a .wav and bring it into Adobe Audition and de-noise it there. When done, save the file and import it into Premiere Pro and place it on a new audio track and mute the original.

Pros: It works.

Cons: It´s just a workaround and further edits become more cumbersome, sometimes require redoing of the de-noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines