3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2008 3:03 PM by INVT

How do I Loop an .SWF?

Wonderwendy Level 1
      Hello, I have a .fla file and a .swf file that were converted in Flash from an .avi file. The .swf plays great but I need it to loop on the website it is being used in. So the question is how do I get this .swf to loop on the website?
      Thank you, Wendy
        • 1. Re: How do I Loop an .SWF?
          INVT Level 1
          Tell the last frame to go to the first frame and play it. Even if you didn't do this it should loop on its own make sure that in yourproperties panel loop is selected in the drop down next to the sync drop down. By default it is set to repaet and gives you a number.

Hope it helps.
          • 2. Re: How do I Loop an .SWF?
            Wonderwendy Level 1
            Hello, The movie is showing in the library as a compiled clip. I think this is why there is only one frame. I do not see loop in the properties panel nor do I see sync. Again this was made from an .avi converted in Flash via import video.If I create an instance name can I use actionscript 2 to get it to loop? I would need the code as I have never done this.
            Thank you, Wendy
            • 3. Re: How do I Loop an .SWF?
              INVT Level 1
              I believe it sound like this is a linked file meaning it is outside of the fla file. If this is the case the avi will drive the way the movie is played. If you can find the actual avi and import into an fla file it should ask you if you want to embed or make it external. then you have all of the frames in the time line and it should loop this is not recomended if it is a large video.

INVT

quote:

Originally posted by: Wonderwendy
              Hello, The movie is showing in the library as a compiled clip. I think this is why there is only one frame. I do not see loop in the properties panel nor do I see sync. Again this was made from an .avi converted in Flash via import video.If I create an instance name can I use actionscript 2 to get it to loop? I would need the code as I have never done this.
              Thank you, Wendy