2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2008 3:42 PM by san_flash

Debugging in Flash runs week old file and code

davidortinau
      It seems Flash is caching files somewhere and not properly cleaning up. I'll be working just fine for a day, and then suddenly I run debug and see a build from a week ago. I clear ASO files to no avail. I restart Flash...nope. I can debug and it'll hit my breakpoints and STILL run code that is gone, and skip new code...it's like phantom has taken over.

I have to reboot to get this cleared up. I'm running a clean install of Leopard, Flash CS3 and all the latest updates.

Does anyone know anything about this issue?

Where does Flash/AIR cache debug builds in OS X?

Any help is much appreciated.
      Dave

• 1. Re: Debugging in Flash runs week old file and code
          davidortinau Level 1
          I figured out WHAT was happening, but not WHY.

When I mounted my MacBook Pro which shared the exact same "Project/" directory structure as new my Mac Pro, the Adobe debugger would launch files OLD files from the MacBook Pro. ACK! I stumbled upon this when rebooting this morning and mounting my drive. Unmounted, everything runs as expected. Mounted I get weeks old files.

Why on earth would Flash pull from a different machine like that? Is this a Flash issue or a Leopard issue? Who do I need to file a bug report with?

Dave
          • 2. Re: Debugging in Flash runs week old file and code
            san_flash Level 2
            hi Dave,

When you do a get info on a file in the mounted volume (MacBook Pro), does it have the exact same path as the one in your new mac pro? If it does then it explains why the debugger would use the files from MacBook Pro. Otherwise, I cannot explain it either.

Thanks,
            San