• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grid displaying in Design Editor - across projects

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2009 Jan 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Design Editor grid makes it very difficult to see tags, etc. I've scoured menus and cannot find out how to turn the grid off. My colleagues aren't seeing the grid, whereas I'm seeing the grid across all projects, so it appears to be a system setting on my PC. I'm using RoboHelp HTML 7.02.001. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Elizabeth

Are you able to send or post a screen capture of what this looks like? I've never seen it before. Maybe if we can see what you are referring to, we might offer better help.

If you wish to send to an Email address, try rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Whatever it is, it is not a RH setting. There is no such setting that I have heard of and I have not seen anyone else report this problem.

I suppose you could try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that fixes anything. Maybe something else clobbered RH. You have to uninstall the patch and then go back to Add/Remove Programs to uninstall the first patch and finally the program.

Has it always been the same on your PC?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2009 Jan 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning - I sent a screen shot to Captiv8r via email this morning. Peter, this just recently happened and my two colleagues aren't having this problem. We've been using RoboHelp for about a year and this just recently happened. I didn't mention it before, but now I'm also seeing links just below the topic tab: Document > Page > Heading 1 (or 2 or whatever) > ... If I click on any of those links, the item is highlighted. That's new too! If no one has any other suggestions, I will try to reinstall the app - the gridlines just make it way too hard to see the tags. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Here is a link to what Elizabeth is seeing: Click here to see the image

I did advise to turn off the tag list she needed to click View > Show > Tag List.

She has tried removing the style sheet association, so wherever this grid is coming from is a mystery at the moment.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled RoboHelp 7 (although I wasn't sure how to remove the patch first). The grid is still there. Not sure what to do at this point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see me earlier post re uninstalling. You have to go into Add / Remove Programs three times. I wonder if you did truly uninstall RH or just the patch?

Can you send me the topic that is shown in the screenshot? Send it via my site. I am sure Rick won't mind if you copy him in too.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I finally sorted where that was coming from and reproduced it here on my own PC.

For the record, here is how to correct it if it happens.
Close RoboHelp HTML
Open the Registry Editor (Start > Run > Regedit)
Locate the following HKEY (Handle to a Key)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\RoboHelp\7.00\RoboEditor\Defaults

In this key is the following setting:
ShowLayoutGrid

Double-click this item and change it from TRUE to FALSE.

Close the Registry Editor and restart RoboHelp HTML.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
WARNING: Before doing anything to the registry, back up that folder to a .reg file via the File > Export option.

Hey, let's be careful out there!
Sgt. Phil Esterhaus, Hill Street Blues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp