5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2009 2:16 AM by Newsgroup_User

dual screen

jacko11
      hi there,

not sure if this is the right forum, but i'll give it ago.

is it possible in dreamweaver to have code view in one full screen and design view on another screen?

• 1. Re: dual screen
          polar_bare Level 4
          With CS 4 you have a "dual screen" option. It is a dropdown by the search form in DW.
          • 2. Re: dual screen
            Level 7
            jacko11 wrote:
            > is it possible in dreamweaver to have code view in one full screen and design view on another screen?

No. However, you can have Design view in one screen and the Code
            Inspector (press F10) open in another.

--
            David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
            Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS4",
            "PHP Solutions" & "PHP Object-Oriented Solutions"
            http://foundationphp.com/
            • 3. Re: dual screen
              twarden1
              I have dual monitors and just had my laptop rebuilt. I had CS3 with the old build and now I have CS4 with the new build. Now when I open Dreamweaver (and all my Adobe CS4 products for that matter), they open in full screen, across both monitors - while my other programs are opening in their designated monitors (so, I know I set up my dual monitors settings correctly). I've done everything I can think of to have my DW open to one screen when maximized. Had anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it (or can it be fixed)? I'd prefer not to have to drag the DW window to be the size of one of my monitors. Incidentally CS3 worked correctly in this regard.
              • 4. Re: dual screen
                jacko11 Level 1
                hi david,

thanks for the reply (and thanks to everyone else who mentioned something), doing it design view with f10 does exactly what i want. be good if something like this was actually set as an option but hey ho, thanks anyway
                • 5. Re: dual screen
                  Level 7
                  jacko11 wrote:
                  > doing it design view with f10 does exactly what i want. be good if something
                  > like this was actually set as an option but hey ho, thanks anyway

Once you have laid everything out in the way you want, open the
                  Workspace menu (in CS4) and select New Workspace. Give your layout a
                  name, and you can use that workspace any time you want. The process is
                  very similar in earlier versions of DW. If I remember correctly, it's
                  Window > Workspace.

--
                  David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
                  Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS4",
                  "PHP Solutions" & "PHP Object-Oriented Solutions"
                  http://foundationphp.com/