1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 21, 2008 11:37 AM by influxxmedia

How to unload FLVPlayback Componet

influxxmedia
      I have an bug in a file with FLVPC on stage called 'main_flv' that will not load another FLV after one has played

Basically I have a menu with 3 choices, select one and it hides the menu and shows the FLVPC and loads in an FLV determined by the value of a variable. All on one frame.

The FLV plays fine. The FLV plays to the end, a listener then hides the FLVPC and shows/plays the menu. There is also a return_btn that stops the FLV, hides the FLVPC and shows/plays the menu.

The problem arises when I immediately select play for the FLV that just completed. It will not play having already played. If I choose another menu item, it plays fine. And the first menu item will play fine AFTER the other FLV has been selected/played. Just wont play twice in a row.

Not a huge deal, but a bug that my client will eventually find an want fixed. I've looked for ways to rewind or stop or close the FLV, but nothing that works with my setup.

cheers
      mm66
        • 1. Re: How to unload FLVPlayback Componet
          influxxmedia Level 1
          for what its worth, and for archival purposes, I'll document my fix.

revised function looks like this

function videoActivate(theSeg){
          trace("theSeg:"+theSeg);
          _root.Buffering_mc._visible = true;
          _root.Buffering_mc._alpha = 100;
          _root.menu_mc.menuCube_mc._alpha = 60;
          _root.main_flv.visible = true;
          _root.main_flv.bufferTime = 5;
          _root.main_flv.activeVideoPlayerIndex = 1; //----- new line of code, adds a level to the stack
          _root.main_flv.visibleVideoPlayerIndex = 1; // -----new line of code, makes new level visible
          _root.main_flv.contentPath = "video/"+theSeg+".flv";
          _root.main_flv.play();
          _root.return_btn._visible = true;
          _root.replay_btn._visible = false;
          _root.menu_mc.playBtn_mc.enabled = false;
          _root.menu_mc.leftBtn_mc.enabled = false;
          _root.menu_mc.rightBtn_mc.enabled = false;
          }

then I add this line of code to the return_btn and the eventListener "complete"

_root.main_flv.closeVideoPlayer(1);

Hope this helps future visitors
          mm66