11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2008 5:58 AM by RobbinT_ISD

WebHelp Error

RobbinT_ISD
      Please note, I also posted this in the RoboHelp HTML forum but got no replies. I could really use some help so I am trying this repost....thanks!

Hello all,
      I am publishing WebHelp from a project generated in RHelp 6. In the published system, each page that contains a drop-down hot spot contains the following error prompt in the status bar "Done, but with errors on the page."

The error details are the same in each case. as follows:
      Line: 2394
      Char: 3
      Error: Access is denied.
      Code: 0
      URL: (the path to the file the system is calling)

I don't recognize anything in the TrueCode related to the link, but I am a complete novice in TrueCode.

The system behavior for the drop-down works correctly in the published project in each case, but with this ugly exclamation point and error notification. I appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue!

Regards,
      Robbin
        • 1. Re: WebHelp Error
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi Robbin. My guess is that this a security/access issue. What is in the dropdowns?
          • 2. Re: WebHelp Error
            HKabaker Level 2
            When it hurts to do something, stop doing it.

In IE settings, turn off the option, "Always show an alert for Javascipt errors, even for the most picayune, harmless ones." Then you won't get the nasty message, I think.

By the way, I've seen that message in this forum, apparently because Adobe was doing some stylesheet or server maintenance in a hot mode.

Harvey
            • 3. Re: WebHelp Error
              RobbinT_ISD Level 1
              Hello!
              In some cases, it is text only, in others it is an image. In all cases, the images are shared with other topics.
              • 4. Re: WebHelp Error
                RobbinT_ISD Level 1
                LOL! Saw this post immediately after replying to Colum....I'll give it a try now.

One inane question...should I not be concerned with whatever error is going on?

Thanks so much!
                • 5. Re: WebHelp Error
                  RobbinT_ISD Level 1
                  I checked my IE settings. The only selection I see similar to what you describe is"Display a notification about every script error". It is not selected.

I don't see anything java-specific.

Wish it had been that easy. BTW, this system is client-facing, so I'd like to correct the error, since I cannot control others' browser settings...

Any other thoughts appreciated and thanks so much...
                  • 6. Re: WebHelp Error
                    HKabaker Level 2
                    Hi, Robbin,

You said the error is:
                    Line: 2394
                    Char: 3
                    Error: Access is denied.
                    Code: 0
                    URL: (the path to the file the system is calling)

Can you tell us the filename in the URL, if not the last few parts of the URL? Is it one of your topics, or a RoboHelp file?

Harvey

• 7. WebHelp Error
                      RobbinT_ISD Level 1
                      Hi Harvey,
                      Each URL is the complete path through my local drive to the file that contains the drop-down, and apparently its related error. It is the .htm RoboHelp file of the topic in the project folder.

Does that provide any clues?
                      • 8. Re: WebHelp Error
                        HKabaker Level 2
                        Robbin,

" . . .It is the .htm RoboHelp file of the topic in the project folder. . . "

Is it the path to the WebHelp output folder, or to the project (source) folder?

If it's hard-coded to seek a file in the project folder, it can't work.

Harvey
                        • 9. Re: WebHelp Error
                          RobbinT_ISD Level 1
                          Oops, it's the path to the output folder...sorry about that!
                          • 10. Re: WebHelp Error
                            HKabaker Level 2
                            It might come down to a permissions problem.

Assuming you're running Win XP and IE 6.0 or later:

Have you checked all of your IE privacy and security settings? Active X enabled, at least for "signed" and "trusted" scripts; allow Active X to run from my computer and elsewhere; Popups enabled (popup blocker turned off or disabled).

That's just to start.

When you view WebHelp on your hard drive, you may run into a security obstacle or two that you don't get when WebHelp is on a server.
                            Some of our colleagues insert Mark of the Web when generating WebHelp, which seems to help overcome some of these quirks.

Harvey

• 11. Re: WebHelp Error
                              RobbinT_ISD Level 1
                              Hi Harvey,
                              I'll check out my settings again. I'm glad to know it's IE and not my system, regardless!

Many thank for your assistance!
                              Robbin