2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2008 1:03 PM by M3g@r@

Actionscript for a button to print a file/document

M3g@r@
      What is the actionscript to assign to a button in order to open a file/document that will be included on the same cd rom as my flash EXE interface?

Any help would be appreciated.
      Not looking for third party solutions just the scripting required for the flash exe to locate the file from the cdrom and print to the users printer.

Thanks!
      Meg
        • 1. Re: Actionscript for a button to print a file/document
          ewon15 Level 1
          Well essentially you just have to give it a path...so if on your cd you have your .exe file and a folder named "files" and inside that folder is say a word document called "myFile.doc" that you would like to access you can do something to this extent:

myButton.onRelease = function(){
          getURL("files/" + "myFile.doc");
          }

that will open the file
          • 2. Re: Actionscript for a button to print a file/document
            M3g@r@ Level 1
            I guess I was hoping not only to have the document open but to print it and close out as well. so the button would open the doc file send the doc to print...and then close it.

I have seen the jstart app that helps with this, and it seems they have some sort of exe file code that refrences the ini file to open and print and close.

Unless there is another way to do this all with javascript actionscript in flash, I am kind of lost.