• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyframe scripting overview

Participant ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been avoiding writing AE scripts that involve keyframes for a very long time now. Sure, using property.setValueAtTime() is easy, but how often is linear interpolation used anyway...

There are many keyframe building blocks that AE Scripting Guide does not explain how to use. For example, if when animating position I don't really see the difference between these 2 settings:

setSpatialAutoBezierAtKey()

setSpatialContinuousAtKey()

So I am looking for a quick overview of how to write "advanced" scripts involving keyframe creation and manipulation. I'd like to have a mental model of how all keyframe properties work together to create an animation. I think that 10 sentences would be all I need to put the pieces together. Are you aware of any source that gives an accurate overview of keyframes topic? I found very little on the interwebs.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a bunch of info on how to use both of these in the online aenhancers docs:  http://docs.aenhancers.com/properties/property/#property-setspatialautobezieratkey

But it sounds like you're looking for more foundational knowledge on what the difference is between "spatial auto bezier" and "spatial continuous" interpolation; see this page from the AE help docs for more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines