Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Exporting Slow

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had several continuing problems with Premiere Pros performance

Adding effects quickly turns the production to a snails pace (doesnt seem reasonable given my hardware, task manager shows no issues)

Latest issue is exporting... exporting a 720p video around 700mb is taking 3+ hours

Really have no clue why, if anyone could guide me in the right direction...

Ive reset preferences and deleted cache and all those common fixes... 😕

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help us help you by providing a little more information:

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue.  I have a timeline with about 50 short clips I am exporting separately.  Clips with animations, photos and graphics (most with added effects) export fine - about 30 seconds export time for a 10 second clip.  However, a 10 second clip from the same timeline with just video takes over 30 minutes.  One 2 minutes video was estimated at 4+ hours by Media Encoder.

Some of this video is cropped or has a distortion effect on it but not all of it.  Definitely not the clip estimated at 4+ hours.

The video is 1080, no 4k in this project. 

This happens on Premiere Pro CC version 13.1 and when I rolled back to 13.03

My current nVidia driver version is 418.81, but was also doing the same thing before I rolled back from version 419.67

A co-worker with an HP system is able to open my project and export video clips fine, but we're both on a deadline so I need to be able to help.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

My system specs are:

Dell Precision Tower 3620

7th Gen. Inter Core i7-7700 (Quad Core 3.6 Ghz Turbo, 8MB with HD Graphics 630)

512 GB SATA Class 20 solid state drive

64 GB of RAM

Quadro P4000, 8GB video card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Windows 10 1809 build choose these drivers.

For 1803 and below choose these in the dropdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply!

My Windows 10 version is 1709, so I checked and I do have the matching driver type. 

I was able to export my video clips this morning by Queuing a bunch of them into Media Encoder and batch exporting them from there.  That workaround will get me thru this deadline, but I'm still concerned about the larger problem of exporting more directly from Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the full and detailed specs of your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi deanh23566542,

The export/rendering time in Premiere Pro would be dependent on several factors like the complexity of the project, the type of media, effects used and the hardware capabilities. We would need more info to troubleshoot the issue properly. Please provide us info regarding your timeline, like the type of media and effect used and also the system specifications like OS, CPU, GPU and RAM.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesnt seem reasonable given my hardware

Well, what is your hardware?

exporting a 720p video around 700mb is taking 3+ hours

That seems awfully large for 720. How long is the sequence being exported? What codec are you using? What are the rest of your export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem around here, last 2 updates have added horrible performance to me when rendering/exporting.

Had it running for 1 hour 15 minutes just for 3 minutes of video without graphics.

Rendering 4 seconds of stabilizer went to like 4-5 minutes.

Got a intel i7 6700 HQ
Nvidia Geforce 960M (With updated drivers)

16gb RAM

And working with a 512gb SSD m.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines