0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2008 6:39 PM by RobCS

Flash MX 2004 crashes upon launch, if Start Window visible

RobCS
      I'm having a problem with Flash MX 2004 crashing upon launch. When I launched it it seemed to work fine, except that when I hovered over the "Open" icon on the Start Page, I got a message that said: "Error Downloading help content. Please check your network configuration." My network is fine. After the notice i WAS able to reclick on the "Open" icon and open a flash app. However, when I quit Flash and reopened it, the app crashed with the Start Page open.

I noticed from a search that a lot of people have seen that same error messge since MX 2004 came out, but no one seemed to have a solution. I tried removing the prefs, but that didn't help. I tried reinstalling the app, but that didn't help either. Dreamweaver and Fireworks run fine, so I'm not sure why one of the apps in the family crashes.

I did notice that if I don't disable the Start Screen/window it will crash upon reopening. If I disable the Start Screen, it won't crash. I have installed the Flash MX 2004 7.2 updater, but that didn't help.