• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2019 - missing Digital Publishing Option

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to create a new document the Digital Publishing Option is missing. I'm new to InDesign and when I go to follow the tutorials I am using the option to choose the Digital Publishing is not there. I don't know how else to start a fixed eBook with out following tutorials at this point. So what happened to it? It was there in the 2018 version...

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing? Where? Workspaces?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing from the area where you go to make a new document. File > New and the create new button when you click on it to start a new document. I want to create an eBook. There is no option for digital publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be getting confused with Digital Publishing Suite (DPS), which has been dropped in recent versions of InDesign.

FXL ePub is a different format to DPS. When creating a new document select Web or Mobile as the Intent. You would export the  finished document as an ePub by selecting the format (Reflowable ePub or Fixed Layout ePub) from the Format drop-down menu.

Lynda,com has online video tutorials  (you can get 30 day free trial):

Ebook Foundations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been changed to mobile. But the only differences in those settings is the choices of presets. There's nothing that one setting is going to give you that the others won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for you replies.  I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines