• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizing project files, such as images, CSS, etc.

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a new project with RoboHelo 2017, is there a way to create subdirectories within the project folder for html, css, and images? I had hoped that the folder structure presented in Project Manager was mirrored on disk, but it isn't and now I have one big folder full of html, css, and images. I'm surprised that projects don't have a better default folder structure. Am I missing something here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

You can definitely add folders to separate out your content.

First, you should know there are two views in the project manager pod. One shows "virtual" folders and the other mostly represents your on disc structure. If you see a folder called "Baggage Files", then you are in the "virtual folder" view. These virtual folders are basically filtered views - the stylesheet one will show your folders structure, but the only files that will appear will be your stylesheet files. To switch between views,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can definitely add folders to separate out your content.

First, you should know there are two views in the project manager pod. One shows "virtual" folders and the other mostly represents your on disc structure. If you see a folder called "Baggage Files", then you are in the "virtual folder" view. These virtual folders are basically filtered views - the stylesheet one will show your folders structure, but the only files that will appear will be your stylesheet files. To switch between views, there will be an icon in the top left of the project manager pod with a pair of sunglasses (i'm using RH11, but I think RH2017 still has the same icons). If you click that icon, the glasses will change to a globe and the project manager will switch to the file system view.

You can create folders in either view. To keep yourself straight, I'd recommend creating your folders in the top folder that's called "HTML Files (Topics) in the virtual folder view, or "Project Files" in the files system view. I only suggest this, because I've occasionally gotten myself confused when I was creating things in the "Stylesheet" virtual folder and then couldn't see what I was expecting.

Once you've created your folders, you can drag and drop your files into the correct folder. Then when you create a new topic or stylesheet or whatever, do so using the right-click menu on the appropriate folder. This will minimise having to drag topic from the root folder, which is where RH creates files by default.

Hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much! You solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp