> „Can anyone in the Muse community guide in simplified terms about how it can be done"
Perhaps. If you tell us in "simplified terms“, what you want to achieve. Please be aware, that you are posting in an international forum, and not everybody – including me – has native speaker capabilities.
In short words: I think, I don’t really understand, what you are looking for and what you want to achieve …
- if you are looking for differently coloured menu entries: This of course is possible.
- If you are looking for (temporarily) renaming menu entries without renaming the page: This is possible as well.
- If you are looking for multicoloured menu entries without renaming the page: This is possible if you create a manual menu system:
To complete my last post:
- If you are using a standard menu, the text label is not editable directly in layout mode, because the label is automatically taken from the page name, you entered in plan mode. You may enter whatever name in the „Name“ field (in plan mode or under „Page Properties/Options“. But take care: If you want to use special character in your page name, please deselect the option „Same as Page Name“ for your file name in the „Page Properties“ panel. Servers don’t like special characters (ÖöÄäÜü?)) in filenames.
- If you want one menu label to be shown in a different color, go to layout mode, select the menu item (click onto the item until in the upper left corner of Muse’s application window „menu item“ is displayed), open its configuration panel (the small white arrow within the blue circle to the right of the menu element) and deselect the option „Edit together“. Now you can individually modify the menu attributes. To change the font the size or the font color, select the menu item click once onto the „Text“ tool and change the colour – if you want Ppply different attributes in all different menu states (normal, rollover, mouse down, active).
- If you need a multi coloured menu entry, you have to „unlink“ the menu label from your page name. This is possible by selecting the menu, opening its configuration panel and choosing „Menu Type: Manual“. Now you can change the menu label and/or its text directly in layout mode without changing a page name. In this case you can create the most ugly multi color, multi sized and/or multi font faced menu labels:
In case of using a manual menu please don’t forget, to assign the correct page to it by using the „Hyperlinks“ option in Muse’s upper control strip.