Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Blocking Microphone

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I've tried quite a few things for the past few hours and nothing seems to be working. I'm trying to log into Rosetta Stone for my online Chinese course. Much of the course requires speech recognition, however, my microphone started getting blocked whereas before it was working fine. I'm at a point where even though I have allowed flash, mic, and camera, I am still getting an icon in the search bar showing that the camera and mic are blocked (See screenshot below).

So far I have:

- Gone into my chrome settings and selected to Allow flash, microphone access, etc
- Uninstalled and reinstalled flash
- Reset my browser settings
- Uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome
- Tried to use a different browser with the same results.

Details on my setup are below.

• Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.472) [that may have been more info than needed]
  • Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Flash Version 32.0.0.114
  • Screenshot

Edit: It is working in Microsoft Edge but I really, really don't like that browser and would prefer to use chrome

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Flash FUBAR.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a Chrome bug:

914398 - Mic not working using flash plugin - chromium - Monorail

If you have a webcam and can connect it, you might be able to work around it.  See the conversation in the bug above for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines