• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong MXF file imports

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have an answer for me?  When importing mxf files from multiple folders into a multi-camera timeline the same single file is imported only.  All the files are highlighted and dragged into the project, or highlighted and imported.  But for each file highlighted, a copy of the same file is imported.  If I highlight 7 mxf files to import, the same file will be imported 7 times. 

I've done this hundreds of times over the years, and this has NEVER happened. 

Even media encoder only recognizes that same file. 

I tried to take the single file out of the folder and then import something else... but the program still imported the other file but then said it couldn't find it. 

So now I'm converting each file separately using handbrake and will marry them later with their audio files.  It's very time consuming, but it's the only thing I can do till I figure out what happened. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When copying SD cards to hard drive for editing, create a unique folder for the contents of each card, and copy everything from SD card to the hard drive folder, do not pick and choose just video clips. Folder structure and metadata are useful to Premiere.

Once footage is properly copied to hard drive, use Media Browser for import in Premiere, not File > Import.

Using these methods, Premiere should not get confused when you have two or more different clips named 0001.mts or whatever. Also helps with other issues, for instance long AVCHD recordings that are spanned across multiple small clips on card will import as one large seamless clip in Premiere. Many benefits.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines