• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator creating unwanted paths

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is a "feature" or a glitch, but if I'm creating or editing a path or shape and pause for a moment while I'm dragging, Illustrator will create a blank copy of whatever path I'm working on. There have been times when I have been dragging out a path to adjust the size and have ended up with 3 or 4 copies of it because I paused while I was resizing. It's very annoying as it means a lot of clean-up sometimes on a complex illustration. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Sorry to hear about this. This is definitely not a usual behavior. I tried to replicate this at my end however I was unable to do so. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Operating System(Exact version of Windows/MAC)
  • Exact version of Illustrator
  • Which tool you were using to edit/create the path?
  • A small video of the issue.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I'm on Win 10, 64 bit, version 1803, and Illustrator 23.0.1. I'ts been happening when using one of the shape tools (rectangle etc.) to draw, or the selection tool if I was resizing. It doesn't happen every time, and would you believe I couldn't get it to replicate to do a vid. The only other key I would have been using would have been shift to constrain it while I dragged (although I do use some other software where a combination of shift/alt is resize, so there is always the possibility I may have done it without thinking a few times, although not as much as it has been happening). I'll keep an eye on it and post again if it's still happening.Thanks for the replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the details. I completely trust you but to troubleshoot further we need to see what exactly is the problem. Do let us know if you see the same behavior again. If you want real-time support you may also contact us through chat/call: Contact Customer Care

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally when I am working with paths I find a copy on top as well.

From what I can gather it is when I use keyboard combinations with one of the tools.

For me I think it might have something to do with pressing the alt key and unintentionally creating a copy.

Can you pinpoint if you are using the alt/option key when or where you discover the additional paths?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines