8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2019 7:45 AM by Nozmo

Premiere Pro 2019 bad performance on Surface Book

Nozmo Level 1

I have been using Premiere for the last several years for video editing for our company.  I just updated to 2019 and I could not be more disappointed.  The entire program is soooo slow, especially compared to the most recent version.  I am running a brand new Microsoft surface book 2, with all kinds of power.  The program hesitates just to move between screens when moving to render  The timeline barely moves - and I am running at 1/2 to 1/4 resolution.  I thought this update was going to be about performance!  Apparently not!  If you need some sort of updating to different version of drivers to run this program Adobe should be specific about that.  I am not a computer guru, so updating drivers and whatnot can be problematic if you don't know exactly what you are doing. Why does Adobe not care a little bit more about their customers?

Anyway, I am frustrated as our most recent project is taking longer than it should.  I have been doing some testing with Davinci Resolve and this program sure looks promising.

Moderator: Title changed for better searchability.