• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop down menu option not available to user

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a drop down menu with a list of items including "Other". If the option is "Other", is there a way for the user to manually type in whatever that "Other" option is in the drop down section without updating the drop down list? Or are there other options for handling this?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Sure. Let's say the drop-down field is called "Dropdown1". Use this code as the custom calculation script of the "other text" text field:

event.target.display = (this.getField("Dropdown1").valueAsString=="Other") ? display.visible : display.hidden;

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What product are you using?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my laptop Adobe XI Pro on the desktop Adobe DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use a separate text field for that. You can hide/show it based on the selection in the drop-down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. I think that would be a great solution. I don't know how to hide/show another text field based on a drop-down selection. Can you let me know how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Let's say the drop-down field is called "Dropdown1". Use this code as the custom calculation script of the "other text" text field:

event.target.display = (this.getField("Dropdown1").valueAsString=="Other") ? display.visible : display.hidden;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked perfectly. You're the best. Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines