• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

See How Adobe Wrecked the Bridge User Interface in 2019 version

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start with, List View is for displaying as much information as possible on the screen.  The latest version has unnecessary padding on each row, and puts a black border around the thumbnail, rendering them USELESS at the size they are typically shown in this view.  It REALLY helps to have both the thumbnail AND the filename when searching for an image.  The goal of a software update should not be to make Bridge look more "up to date" or stylish.  In the case of List view the designer should have asked himself this question: "How can I present the most information, in the most readable format to the user?"  Please fix this, or give us an option to eliminate the padding and the black border around the thumbnail.

While you're at it, what was wrong with the larger color bars for labels?  They were PERFECT, and much easier to see, than those little dots. 

This image shows the 2019 Bridge version on the left, compared with the 2017 version on the right. This is a 4K 32" monitor with text set to 200%, which is mandatory for 4K.

Bridge-Compare-smaller.jpg

Below is the "New and Improved" Thumbnail View comparison, where the genius designers determined that it would be better to steal space from the filename for the important new label dot rather than leaving it above with the ratings stars.  Now that the rating stars are always default text colored, they're not as visible as they were with a colored label background.  And now the names of the files any longer are so short, you have no chance to guess what they are.  There's padding everywhere in this new design, which reduces the amount of information on the screen, meaning constant scrolling.  Note to Adobe Software Designers: Padding and black box backgounds are UNNECESSARY as the serve no useful purpose to a graphic designer.  They are a waste of valuable screen pixels.  What we need is clear, efficient, organized access to our thousands of image files. Even the Metadata and other tabs are all spaced out.

Bridge Compare_Thumb_View-1200.jpg

I'm new to this version but I'm sure I'll find more rookie design skills employed.  If anybody knows a way to get the features like Photomerge and 'Load into Photoshop Layers' to work with Bridge 2017 and the latest Photoshop CC, please let me know and I'll wash my hands of this debacle of a design. Are you reading this Adobe?   You destroyed an indispensable, formerly excellent application.  Fix these issues now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A similar topic here:

Bridge 2019 interface

As this is a user to user forum, if you wish to notify Adobe staff then please register and do so at this link:

Bridge | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Other Bridge users can vote on your suggestions etc. Adobe uses this forum to help gauge user interest, so if you wish to make a positive impact this is your best chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fgallery2,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on Bridge CC User Interface.

We are working on incorporating UI feedback for future releases of Adobe Bridge.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe still doesn't have it right.  The density is not high enough on the 2020 Bridge application for the number of files that I work with. Not only that, but the latest CC attempts to prohibit the use of Bridge 2018 because it does not allow the use of Camera Raw any longer.  It gives an error about "Needing to be logged into a Valid CC application".  I'm going to document my latest experience where I had to restore my computer back a couple of months to get back to a productive workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware. I've filed bugs giving detailed UI feedback. You see where we are today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is why I'm going to stay locked on 2019. I have another computer that
I do much less work on which I can keep updated to monitor their
"progress".

I'll be fine until I have to buy a new camera and update ACR but I have a
Nikon D810 and I stitch photos so unless it breaks I won't have the need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updated interface in Bridge 2019 is definitely a misstep by Adobe. I sometimes think they believe they have to redesign the interface to make an update look like an improvement. In this case they failed. The 2017 version is much easier to view thumbnails. Putting a box around the thumbnails is not only of no help, visually it's disconcerting. To make matters worse they waste screen real estate with large rating stars. No need for that (see the 2017 version). Revisiting the basics of the visual display of information should be a top priority for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree!

Especially the boxes around the thumbnails are very disturbing. My question is WHY? No need for this.

I am a photographer and want to keep it clean.

Also the labels. Why change a perfect working thing??? And now there are tiny dots that are offset on the left. How is this visually better? Before I could see in a wink, now I have to search for them.

I am very upset that these changes are made and I can't go back. Maybe you can implement a possibility to return to settings as in 2017.

I am really annoyed by people thinking they have to change a perfect working interface, and why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The latest version of Bridge sucks on so many levels it isn't funny.

Bridge CC : User Interface change wastes space | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines