1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2019 8:50 AM by Myra Ferguson

adjust space after paragraph without any alignment or justification settings

B_C_E_75

I'm trying to set an action that I can use regardless of paragraph alignment or justification. I am using CAD Tools plugin to do call-outs on technical drawings and I'm trying to tighten my text up as much as I can since space is an issue on some drawings and we can sometimes have 3 lines of text. I have adjusted baseline shift and leading, but I found that when adjusting the space after paragraph by -1, it pulls up the last line of text just the perfect amount. The only problem is when setting it as an action, it will shift the alignment or justification to match the text I used when recording the action. I have call-outs that go both directions, so this is not desirable. Is there a way I can get it to work without having alignment or justification affecting it?

• 1. Re: adjust space after paragraph without any alignment or justification settings
          Myra Ferguson Adobe Community Professional

If you make a Paragraph Style and adjust it, Illustrator will consider that an override of the style. However, if you record the override, Illustrator will make that collection of settings what it applies when you play the action. If you have left-aligned callouts and right-aligned callouts, you might want to make a Paragraph Style with Space After set to -1 for each alignment. Record a separate action applying each. Then apply the action that corresponds to the alignment you want.