• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jerky Scaling with shift down in 2019

Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While scaling the preview flashes between original size and new size like a strobe light flashing once a second. Scaling without shift down is good.  I tried turning off GPU processor and did not help.

Also sometimes I get previews that are chopped off as rectangles, but zooming in and out will fix or break.

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 9.54.41 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I believe that the issue might be related to the GPU as you're seeing artifacts and flashes when you try to hold down shift while scaling.

I would recommend updating the operating system and see if it helps.

Also, you may try the steps here: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Sahil for your reply. Our IT dept wil not allow OS update, and woudl prfere nto to becasue of the issues in link below and time consuming to roll back.

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.14 Mojave

I did not restart my computer, so your link was helpful as I thought I disabled GPU but did not restart app. Will retry later as have a hot deadline and multiple images in progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sahil you are correct this is a Graphcis Processor issue, as after restarting the issue went away.

For the most part I do not need GPU on, but we get some 16bit .psb jobs to work in so turned on and tried the settings in the link suggested. The issue still exists, does anyone have any suggestions.

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 2.59.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines