• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Misaligned Markers on Linked Footage

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting just recently, I am seeing markers on footage that are misaligned between audio and video tracks. This is for raw footage that has never been unlinked and is clearly in sync. I'm seeing it in different batches of footage, though mostly from the same camera. The markers in the attached image were set by locating the playhead on a specific place on the audio track and then hitting the M key to set a marker. That single keystroke is placing a marker at the playhead location on the audio track and a marker on the video track that is offset by exactly -02:20 from the location of the one on the audio track.

Nothing has changed in our recording or ingesting procedures since before the problem appeared. It's not interfering much with our editing procedures, but it's definitely annoying. Anyone know what could be going on here?

Markers.PNG

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You working in 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, should have said. This version is 12.1.2. I am using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UIUCKate,

See if it occurs in an updated version as a test.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm told the reason I'm unable to upgrade from where I am now is because Adobe has not released an update to the Enterprise package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using now?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still 12.1.2 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12.1.2? That's a fairly old version. I'll check as to the veracity of this claim. Seems incorrect.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any progress with this? I'm running into the exact same issue (except for the specific length of time mentioned above) on a 2017 iMac, version 10.14.6 in Premiere Pro 14.0. As mentioned above, it's with originally unlinked footage that has been synced and linked. I am using M to set the marker on the clip and it is being set at a point away from where the playhead is on the video track, choosing instead to place it at the playhead on the audio track and a spot a few seconds away on the video track. It does this no matter where I add the marker on the clip. It's doing this for all of the clips, but the gap between the markers on the tracks is smaller on some clips than others. The clips are also on the same corresponding tracks, e.g. V1 and A1, V2 and A2, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any progress here? I'm experiencing this now in 2022. Makes editing 1000x harder. 

v 15.4.1 (build 6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines