• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Subscription Based - Scans Disappear

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using a Cannon scanner which is a great scanner and scans very fast.  We use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC "Create PDF" from Scanner feature to scan our documents.  This is set so that the scanner dialogue box pops up when chosen which creates a much faster scanning time.  But we are recently having issues where the scanned document just disappears when the scan is complete and we don't see a minimized window or anything, it just vanishes.  Or when the scan is complete and the file is open we name the file on saving and then look in the folder the file was saved to and it the file is not there.  We go to Quick Access (Windows 10) and see the file name but when we click on the file we get the message that the file is unavailable.  As long as we keep that scanned document window open we can then Save As and resave the file.  But what is causing these two issues?  How can we fix this?  We have had our IT people look at it and they can't figure it out either.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharstrick,

I'm sorry but I'm a Mac guy so I can't answer your question.

However, your description of the issue did mention how fast the scanning was. That may be good or bad depending on your needs. If you want high quality OCR as a result of your scanning, fast is not necessarily good. Fast implies that it's not doing a high resolution scan and the higher the resolution, the better quality the OCR will be.

The reason for this is that when you have low resolution, the smearing of letters together can happen. This can cause letter combinations like "ri" to be read as "n" or other similarly caused mistakes.

A minimum of 300 ppi is recommended and if your scanner can do up to 600 ppi, that's about as good as you're going to get.

And yes, the initial documents from these scans will be large but once they are processed through Acrobat, they will be very small indeed.

Thus, a bit more time in the processing will result in significantly better results further down the trail. (It's also been my experience that there is no difference in processing time between a 200 ppi document and a 600 ppi document within Acrobat.)

Good luck with the rest of your needs, I'm sorry I cannot help you on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sharstrick:

I see that you are a mac guy.  Can you help us here?  We have Mac Pro's that we just purchased and everything was transferred over to our new computers.  However, we are having issues with our Acrobat Pro DC running with Catalina.  When we get an outside pdf, our team opens it up and starts to make some adjustments and then it spins.  We have to force quit it and lose the changes we've just made.  Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines