• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online - Open Link in Same Browser Window?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use InDesign's Publish Online feature to create and distribute a monthly corporate newsletter. So far, so good. Lots of great feedback. But I was recently asked by my executives to drill deeper into the analytics side and see if there is a way to record clicks on specific pages without having a new browser open. Right now, it appears you can only record clicks on a document as a whole, not spots within the document. The only workaround I have been able to come up with is to make each page it's own document within the Publish Online dashboard and link the table of contents individually to those separate hyperlinks - really cumbersome to do and it opens a new browser each time. Is there a way in InDesign within the buttons or hyperlinks panel to just link within the same browser window and not have a new pop up window every time someone clicks a link? I'm basically trying to do something that is really meant for web and I think I've stretched this particular platform to its limits on that. I'm just trying to see if there is anything else I can squeeze out of it before we have to move on to a new platform to distribute our newsletter. I really enjoy using Publish Online for this purpose, but I need more analytics. Maybe someone has come up with a different work around? Ideally I'd like to not have to have links at all - have layered text on a single page that hides and appears based on what the user clicks in the table of contents. I'm trying to avoid clickthroughs and other complicated steps that may confuse our older readers and lose people along the way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Casey,

I am afraid that right now this would not be possible within InDesign. You may want to check out our InDesign Scripting forums to see if there is any script for this.

You can also raise a feature request here: Adobe InDesign Feedback.​ This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines